Suppose you have set your mind on pursuing a Biochemistry degree at Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU). In that case, this comprehensive guide will walk you through the essential requirements needed to fulfill your dream.
In this post, I will show you the Requirements to study Biochemistry at OAU. By understanding the admission criteria, prerequisites, and necessary documents, you can confidently prepare and embark on your academic journey in biochemistry at OAU.
Here is a brief summary of what this article covers:
- School Fees for Biochemistry in OAU
- Does OAU Offer Anatomy?
- OAU Subject Combination for Anatomy
- The cut-off mark for Biochemistry in OAU
- Does OAU accept two sittings for Anatomy?
- How many years is Anatomy at OAU?
If you are ready, let’s get started.
Does OAU Offer Biochemistry?
YES! The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) offers Biochemistry.
This means that Biochemistry In OAU is accredited by NUC.
Requirements To Study Biochemistry in OAU
Below are the requirements needed to qualify to study Biochemistry in OAU;
- You must have reached the AGE of sixteen (16) by the 31st day of October in the year of admission.
- You Meet OAU Biochemistry Cut-Off Mark.
- Choose the Correct JAMB Subject Combination.
- Have a good JAMB, WAEC, and Post UTME Score.
- For a start, you need to have at least 5 credit passes in your O’level result (WAEC and NECO) including English and Mathematics, not more than two (2) sittings before you can study Anatomy in OAU.
Direct Entry Requirements For Biochemistry in OAU
Below are the requirements for candidates who wish to gain admission into OAU through Direct Entry To Study Biochemistry.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the OAU Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And OAU Portal.
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (4) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
Cut Off Mark For Biochemistry In OAU
The cut-off mark for Biochemistry in OAU is 200.
Because JAMB is one of the most important requirements you must achieve to study in most institutions in Nigeria, Biochemistry at OAU has a cut-off mark of 200 or above in JAMB before you can gain admission to OAU. This will give you a high chance of gaining admission into the Obafemi Awolowo University to study Biochemistry.
OAU Subject Combination For Biochemistry
Below is the JAMB Subject combination For Biochemistry in OAU;
- Use Of English
How Many Years Is Biochemistry In OAU?
A bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry is typically able to be obtained in four years. An increasing number of schools are requiring an additional year of study specifically in the area of laboratory techniques, in this case, the bachelor’s degree in Biochemistry can be earned in 5 years.
Is OAU Good For Biochemistry?
YES! Without a doubt, Obafemi Awolowo University is one of Nigeria’s best universities for studying biochemistry.
The Obafemi Awolowo University flourishes in an environment that fosters competitiveness, unrestricted scientific inquiry, critical thinking, innovation, and creativity, which leads to a high number of applicants for admission to study Biochemistry at OAU, making it more competitive.
Does OAU Accept Two Sittings For Biochemistry?
Yes! The Obafemi Awolowo University (OAU) Accepts two sittings for Biochemistry.
OAU School Fees For Biochemistry
OAU school fees for Biochemistry is N33,000 for returning students and N50,000 for new students (freshers).
It is essential to meet these requirements to secure admission to study Anatomy at OAU this year.
We hope that you found our article on requirements to Study Anatomy in OAU this year for direct entry and UTME to be helpful.