Are you interested in the admission requirements to study mechanical engineering at Bayero University Kano (BUK) this year?
This article is for you if you are interested in the admission requirements to study mechanical engineering at Bayero University Kano (BUK) this year and the Direct Entry Requirements to Study Mechanical Engineering at Bayero University Kano (BUK).
Furthermore, Knowing BUK admission requirements for mechanical engineering before applying will help you to make an informed decision.
Here is a brief summary of what this article covers:
- School Fees for Mechanical Engineering in BUK
- Does BUK Offer Mechanical engineering?
- BUK Subject Combination for Mechanical Engineering
- Does BUK accept two sittings for Mechanical Engineering?
- How many years is Mechanical Engineering at BUK?
If you are ready, let’s get started.
Does BUK Offer Mechanical Engineering?
Yes, Bayero University Kano (BUK) offers Mechanical Engineering as a course of study.
Mechanical Engineering at BUK is accredited by the National Universities Commission (NUC).
Requirements to study Mechanical Engineering in BUK this Year
To study Mechanical Engineering at BUK, you must meet the below admission requirements:
- You must have five (5) credits in your O’Level results, (WAEC, NECO, or NABTEB) including English Language and Mathematics, and not more than two (2) sittings.
- You must score at least 150 in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) conducted by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB).
- You must also pass BUK Post UTME screening exercise to be considered for admission to study Law.
- You must not be less than 16 years of age.
- You must select Bayero University Kano (BUK) as your first choice institution and participate in their screening exercise.
- It is necessary to have selected the appropriate JAMB subject combination for mechanical engineering prior to submitting your application.
Direct Entry Requirements to Study Mechanical Engineering in BUK
Below are the requirements for candidates who wish to gain admission into Bayero University Kano through Direct Entry To Study Mechanical Engineering.
- A minimum of 5 credits in the Senior Secondary Certificate Examinations (SSCE/GCE) Ordinary Level Credits in a maximum of two (2) sittings.
- Degree (First Class/Second Class Upper) in related fields.
- Direct entry candidates are required to purchase the BUK Direct Entry form through the Joint Admission and Matriculation Board (JAMB) And BUK Portal.
- A minimum of Merit Pass in the National Certificate of Education (NCE), National Diploma (ND), and other Advanced Level Certificates.
- Other qualifications acceptable to the Senate of the University, and being equivalent to (1) and (4) above. In addition to the above minimum admission requirements, candidates must also satisfy such Faculty/Departmental entry requirements.
Cut Off Mark For Mechanical Engineering in BUK
Below is the approved Bayero University Kano (BUK) Mechanical Engineering cut-off mark for this year’s admission:
To gain admission to study Mechanical Engineering at BUK this year, it is required that you obtain a high score in JAMB and meet the designated cut-off mark for the course.
BUK Cut-off Mark for Mechanical Engineering is 200.
However, it is advisable to aim for a score of at least 250 or higher in the UTME, and if applicable, strive for a high score in the post-UTME to ensure a safer outcome.
Subject Combination For Mechanical Engineering in BUK
Below are Bayero University Kano (BUK) Mechanical Engineering Required subjects for admission:
- English Language
- Literature In English
- Christian Religious Knowledge
- Government or Economics
Is BUK Good For Mechanical Engineering?
The Bayero University Kano (BUK) is one of the leading institutions in Nigeria when it comes to studying Mechanical Engineering.
In fact, Bayero University Kano (BUK) is one of Nigeria’s top-ranked universities for Mechanical Engineering.
However, it is important to note that the quality of education you receive will ultimately depend on your level of dedication and hard work as a student.
BUK’s Department of Mechanical Engineering is staffed by experienced and qualified lecturers who are committed to providing students with a quality legal education.
BUK School Fees For Mechanical Engineering
The tuition fees for Mechanical Engineering programme at BUK vary depending on the level and type of programme.
BUK Mechanical Engineering school fee is very cheap and affordable and it’s not up to ₦100,000.
It ranges from ₦43,000 to ₦63,000 per session (depending on the level).
- The duration of Mechanical engineering programme at Bayero University Kano (BUK) is typically six years. It will take 5 years to complete a Mechanical Engineering degree at BUK.
- BUK accept awaiting result for Mechanical Engineering.
- Medicine And Surgery in BUK is very Competitive.
- BUK accepts two sittings for Mechanical Engineering.
- BUK Mechanical Engineering admission is based on merit, and applicants are selected based on their UTME and post-UTME scores, as well as their O’Level grades.
It is essential to meet these requirements to secure admission to study Mechanical Engineering at BUK this year.
We hope that you found our article on requirements to Study Mechanical Engineering in BUK this year for direct entry and UTME to be helpful.