If you’re planning to secure admission into the prestigious University of Calabar (UNICAL) for the 2023/2024 academic session, understanding the institution’s JAMB and Departmental cut off marks is crucial.
UNICAL offers a wide array of undergraduate and postgraduate programmes across various fields of study.
To ensure you meet the eligibility criteria, let’s delve into the official UNICAL cut off marks for this year and how they are determined.
What is UNICAL Cut Off Mark?
University Of Calabar (UNICAL) cut off mark, in the context of university admissions, represents the minimum score required for candidates to be considered for admission into specific courses or programmes.
The cut-off marks are determined by the Joint Admissions and Matriculation Board (JAMB) and the university’s management.
JAMB Cut off Mark for UNICAL 2023
For the 2023/2024 academic session, the JAMB cut-off mark for the University Of Calabar (UNICAL) admission is 150.
This means that candidates who attain a score of 150 and above in the Unified Tertiary Matriculation Examination (UTME) are eligible to apply for admission into any course of their choice in UNICAL.
UNICAL Cut Off Mark for 2023/2024 Admission
In addition to the JAMB cut off mark, UNICAL also defines its own cut-off mark for the year.
The official UNICAL cut off mark for 2023/2024 is set at 150.
UNICAL Departmental Cut Off Marks 2023/2024
UNICAL departmental cut-off marks for 2023/2024 are specific to individual courses and programmes.
These cut-off marks represent the minimum scores required by candidates in both their Post UTME exams and JAMB results to be considered for admission into their chosen courses.
It’s essential to note that these departmental cut-off marks may vary depending on the specific course of study.
Currently, UNICAL departmental cut off mark is 150 and above.
How UNICAL Departmental Cut Off Marks are Determined
Several factors influence the determination of UNICAL’s departmental cut-off marks for 2023/2024:
- Number of Applicants: The volume of applicants seeking admission to a particular course can impact the department’s cut-off mark. If there’s high demand for a course, the cut-off mark may be raised to ensure that only the most qualified candidates gain admission.
- Availability of UNICAL Admission Quota: The number of available slots in a department also plays a role. Limited spaces might necessitate a higher cut-off mark to admit only the most deserving candidates.
- Performance of Candidates: Candidates’ performance in both UTME and UNICAL Post-UTME exams can influence the departmental cut-off marks. Exceptional performance may lead to a higher cut-off mark.
- UNICAL Admission Policy: The university’s admission policy, which can prioritize specific courses or set additional requirements, also factors into determining departmental cut-off marks.
It’s important to be aware that UNICAL departmental cut-off marks can change from year to year based on these factors.
The official and approved UNICAL Post UTME cut off mark for this year’s admission screening exercise is 150.
Candidates who score 150 and above in the Post UTME examination are eligible for admission into UNICAL.
If your JAMB score falls below 150, you won’t be able to purchase the University of Calabar (UNICAL) Post UTME Form.
However, if your score is exactly 150 or above, you can obtain the UNICAL Post UTME form for 2023/2024.
Be sure to review UNICAL’s admission requirements before applying.
While meeting the JAMB cut-off mark of 150 and achieving at least 150 in the Post UTME exam is the general requirement for admission into UNICAL, highly competitive courses may have specific departmental cut-off marks for 2023/2024.
In conclusion, understanding the UNICAL cut-off marks is essential for aspiring students.
We hope this article has provided clarity on the latest UNICAL cut-off marks for all courses in 2023/2024 and the official departmental cut-off marks for the year.
- UNICAL Post UTME Form
- JAMB Cut off marks
- UNICAL Admission List
- How to Gain Admission in UNICAL
- How to Defer Admission