Admission in Progress: Without JAMB, Enter 200 Level in Any University with JUPEB/IJMB. Low Fees. Learn More »

Join 50k+ Readers: Get School Updates on WhatsApp for FREE! Learn More »

Ace JAMB 2024: Score 320 and above without Stress. Learn More »

Home » NYSC » Can I Apply for Direct Entry While at Service (NYSC)?

Can I Apply for Direct Entry While at Service (NYSC)?

Photo of author

Can I Apply for Direct Entry While at Service (NYSC)?

As a National Youth Corp member currently serving, This article is written based on my personal experience and discovery.

I did a lot of research and asked many questions about how one could obtain Direct Entry forms while serving at NYSC. Is it allowed to seek admission to another university, through DE, while at NYSC – serving?

I will break this down as simple as possible;


As of the time of writing this post, I am an HND holder and wanted to consider obtaining another JAMB Direct Entry (DE) aiming to pursue a second degree with my HND. Is it legal to be at NYSC and still be pulling admission through Direct entry? Won’t I be deprived the admission if it’s known I have been to a polytechnic; even graduated and right now serving?

Reading this post, You now want to know if this is possible.

Can I Apply for Direct Entry While at Service (NYSC)?

YES! It is very possible to apply for admission to any university of your choice while serving (NYSC). As a serving corps member, you can still process admission into any university through the JAMB Direct Entry Form. DE admission, if offered, will admit you into the 200 or 300 level of your proposed course.

No explicit NYSC restrictions are preventing serving corps members from applying for university admission. You have a year to finish your service, therefore you can use that time to process your DE admission without interfering with your service responsibilities.

If you get admitted during your service year, it is best to manage the situation efficiently so that neither negatively impacts the other. You may be able to defer admission until the end of your service year, allowing you to focus on completing your NYSC responsibilities before beginning your new academic programme.

The University Won’t Deprive you the Admission if Merited!

Wrapping up …

While serving as a corps member, it is indeed possible to pursue admission into a university through the JAMB Direct Entry (DE) process. If you are offered DE admission, it will allow you to enter the 200 or 300 level of your chosen course.

In reality, the odds of being denied admission by JAMB are only possible if they are aware that you are still enrolled in an educational institution.

However, since you have completed your previous degree or diploma program, you are no longer within their jurisdiction.

If you liked this article or have a question, leave a comment below. You can also follow our updates via WhatsApp by clicking this Link.
Spread the Word: If you found this post useful, help others discover it too! Just click and share using the buttons above!
Photo of author
About the Editorial Staff

The SchoolBegin team comprises a group of seasoned education professionals, spearheaded by Ofa Joseph, with a collective experience of more than 9 years. Their expertise has been instrumental in guiding countless students towards the realization of their academic aspirations.

Leave a comment

Copy link