Have you come across the message “Admission in Progress (AIP)” or “Not Admitted” on the JAMB CAPS and Portal?
Result verification is a crucial step to qualify for Direct Entry (DE) admission for the former school, polytechnic, college of education, college of health or nursing, or university to verify the results each DE applicant submitted during the DE application.
In this article, we will delve into the meaning of “Admission in Progress (AIP)” or “Not Admitted”. We would shed light on the implications of your school verified your result but no admission yet, and provide insights into the possible reasons behind this status.
My School Verified My Result But No Admission Yet
Two possible reasons could cause you to see no admission yet on JAMB Caps even after your school has verified your result. It could be Admission in Progress (AIP) or Not Admitted.
ADMISSION IN PROGRESS means that you’ve been on the proposed admission list of JAMB and the school. The two parties are checking you and several other candidates to know if you meet up with the admission criteria and requirements. It’s as simple as saying “Admission is in process“.
Not Admitted?, even after your school has verified your DE result, there are two possibilities.
- Your proposed university might not have started giving admission in the first place. Even if your institution has verified your result is not an automaton for admission.
- it could mean your department is yet to be processing admission for its candidates. These days, admission lists are released by departments and may not be at the same time. If your department is already admitting others, it’s possible that it’s not yet your turn; you might not be offered admission eventually.
What to Do Next:
- Be Patient: If your institution has not yet released its admission list or submitted it to JAMB, exercising patience is essential. Admission processes can take time due to various factors.
- Check Regularly: Keep checking the admission portal and your JAMB CAPS for updates. Admission statuses can change as new lists are released or admission decisions are made.
- Upload Required Documents: If your O’Level results are pending, ensure that you upload them promptly to improve your chances of being offered admission.
- Consider Alternatives: While waiting for your desired institution’s admission list, you can consider other options such as supplementary applications or exploring other institutions with available admission slots.
Encountering the message “Sorry You Have Not Been Given Admission Yet” can be disappointing, but it doesn’t necessarily mean the end of your admission journey.
Understanding the possible reasons behind this status will help you navigate the situation more effectively.
We trust that this article has clarified the meaning of “Sorry You Have Not Been Admitted Yet” and provided valuable insights for those seeking admission.